Monday, October 3, 2016

A Bedazzled Easter Egg & 2 Months Down!!!

WHAT A WEEK!!!!! Many things have happened and it has been crazy! First off, I have hit my 2-month mark so that is awesome! The time has gone really fast here!!! I have been having the best time!

Ok here is the big news..... this week we got one of our new investigators on date for baptism!!! How crazy is that! He is so prepared, we just have to continue with the lessons we have left and then also make sure he attends church and if all goes as planned, I will be having my first baptism on October 29th!! I will keep you updated. We also had another investigator commit to baptism! We have been praying so much for the spirit to guide us on who we need to teach and we have been seeing the power of God in the lives of the people here!

We had an awesome Noche de Hogar, or Family Home Evening with a sweet family who invited their non-member neighbors over for dinner and family night! The kids were so fun and so sweet!! We have had some awesome lessons with people and we were able to have a lot of dinners with members. We get a ton of food from them!!! I am going to get fat..... 

This week I was also able to go on exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders in our zone. It was a weird and crazy fun experience! It was strange to be a missionary in English for a day! One of the ladies we taught on an exchange was so funny. She has short-term memory loss and so the conversation went everywhere!!! She lives with a few cats and bedazzles everything, including all of her cigarette boxes. She even gave me a few gifts like a bedazzled Easter egg and chicken, it was an interesting experience but for sure one I will never forget!

CONFERENCE!!!!!! I don't know if it was just because I am a missionary right now or what but there were so many talks on missionary work and it was awesome!!!!!! I could not believe how amazing conference was!! I strongly encourage everyone who didn't have the opportunity to listen to all of conference to at least listen to one talk a day this week!

My favorite session was the Saturday afternoon that was ALL about missionary work!! We watched conference in our stake center where one chapel was in Spanish and the other was in English. All the missionaries filled the English chapel!!!!

While singing “Called to Serve”, and then having all of those talks on missionary work, and then listening to all the missionaries sing “I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go”, got all of us missionaries crying!!! The spirit was tangible in the chapel! Man do I love getting to hear the words and guidance from the living prophets and apostles on this earth!!!

Love you all so much!!! I hope you are all doing well and know I keep you all in my prayers! Now off to do the Lords work for another wonderful week!!!


-Hermana Hadley



Noche De Hogar or Family Home Evening



The Awesome little kids!!!



When the Elders made us a cute little table for our lunch 
in between the Saturday Conference Session.



CONFERENCE CINNAMON ROLLS



Not even close to how good my Mom's are but we gave it a try :)



The members made ALL the missionaries food out of the back of their cars 
in between the Sunday Sessions


Hermana Carlson and I getting Yogurtland to celebrate 
our month marks her 15th and my 2nd!!! Wahoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment