Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year!!! "And I'm Feeling Good"

Happy New Year everyone!!!! I hope you all are making goals and plans for this new year. This week has been a great week to start the new year off with. Many of you probably have heard or saw my mom's Facebook post but something very special happened this week that was my highlight.

On Sunday night the Peláez family was baptized!!!!! I have loved this family so much! We were able to find them and start teaching their family in my very first area. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has trusted me and Hermana Carlson to teach this very prepared family.

I gave them a copy of this cute book my mom had made of the Living Christ in Spanish. They loved it and I was able to show them how much my Spanish has improved. They had asked me to play the piano for their baptism and I was so happy to do that for them. One of the songs they wanted to sing was “I Know That My Redeemer Lives”, which is one of my favorite hymns. I love that hymn because it helps me realize that I have a Savior who lives and knows me. He understands everything that I am going through every single day. 

This week I also went on an awesome exchange with Sister Bullock in the English area. We had a ton of crazy adventures in the 24 hours that we were together. It was raining really hard the whole time and we made a lot of snail friends that were on the sidewalk. I taught a few of them about the plan of salvation and told them that even though they are a little slimy bug they still have purpose in this life.

That night we “heart attacked” an investigators house and he caught us... he is a 60 year old man and looked at us like we were way weird. Heart attacking someone’s door is only a Mormon Utah thing so yes he thought we were crazy.

Also that night Sister Bullock cut my hair but you can't even tell because my hair is still freaking long so don't worry mom it just needed a little trim. That next day we went on a little adventure up a canyon to find a less active member and it was so foggy and muddy but it was a ton of fun. It was a very successful exchange. 

For our New Year’s celebration, it consisted of having a 7 o'clock curfew so we watched a movie about President Hinckley and cleaned up the apartment then went to bed early. We woke up at 11:58 and looked out our porch at the fireworks, had some Martinelli’s (Sparkling Cider), and we were back in bed by 12:01. It wasn't very exciting but hey, “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life.... and I'm feeling good", had to put a little Michael Bublé in there.

I hope you are all having a great 2017 and know that the Church is true!! I know that with all my heart! Something that I have been doing is reading D&C and really gaining a greater understanding of the Restoration of the Gospel! I love learning more and more about the Restoration and growing a greater testimony of this wonderful gospel.

I encourage all of you to make sure you have a Spiritual Goal for this year and that will bring you closer to your Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ! Love you all!!

-Hermana Hadley

PS our mission had 211 baptisms for the year 2016




The Peláez Family with Hermana's at their Baptism on January 1, 2017.  
A day of New Beginnings!



The Peláez Family with their daughter who will be baptized in a couple of weeks. 
I will also be able to attend her baptism :)




On exchanges with Sister Bullock



The Fog up the Canyon



It rained all day long!



Time for Hermana Hadley's Haircut.
Glad it was not Elder Hatfield doing the cutting ;)



New Year's Sparkling Cider for the Hermana's



Proof that I was up at Midnight! 








No comments:

Post a Comment