Monday, August 7, 2017

"One Year & One Baptism"

Holy Cow, has this been a week! There has been so many things happen it feels like it has been 2 weeks in one! I am sending a ton of pictures for this week because a lot of stuff happened, and I can't even write about all of it!

The most exciting news is...ROBERTO GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!! It was such an awesome day! Our Mission President came and he talked with Roberto and told us that he was one of the most converted people he had seen in a long time! I am so grateful for him! Roberto has really grown and has come out of his shell. When he got in his white jump suit he kept kicking around and saying he felt like a ninja! :) 

His baptism was going to be on Saturday, but he had to work until 8:30 that night, so Sunday during Sunday School Hna Starke and I started filling up the font and he got baptized right after church. A fun fact is that he got baptized on the same day that I was baptized just 12 years earlier!

We sang a musical number with some people in our Branch that talked about Christ’s Hands and all the miracles he did for us! It was impressive that we could get some of the Latino boys to sing on pitch! My favorite part was when Roberto bore his testimony at the end. He told us about how he was so happy to be baptized and how he felt like he was a little kid who experienced peace for the first time. He also gave thanks to Luis, his cousin who introduced him to the church! Luis just got baptized a few months ago and is already an awesome missionary.

Also, this week I hit ONE YEAR in the mission! It has been so crazy to think that I have been doing this for a whole year! We had an awesome surprise for our dinner, my mom ordered Domino’s Pizza for us. It was such a fun little pizza party we had to celebrate both me and Hermana Starke’s 1 year in the mission!

This week we found City Walk (an area by Universal Studios with shopping and restaurants) and had lunch there! It was a little crazy adventure and it was fun to leave little pass along cards in some of the stores we went into. haha. We were sneaky about it!

I love being a missionary and I am so happy that I have been able to help with the baptism of Roberto!! I hope you all have an awesome week! The Gospel is TRUE!!!!

Love,
Hermana Hadley 




The Hermana's and our Rama!!!
(Rama means Branch)

Sister Henrie posted "They're celebrating in the YSA Branch"


Roberto's Baptism!!!
This is one of Roberto's really good friends, Melvin who baptized him.



Roberto and his Cousin Luis who was baptized just a few months ago. 
Luis introduced the Gospel to Roberto and also performed the confirmation. 



Our musical number at Roberto's Baptism



Hna Starke and I found Universal Studios and then had lunch at City Walk!!!  
This is as close as missionaries can get to the Theme Parks in our Mission.



Big Mama's and Papa's Pizzeria! The pizza was huge!!!




ET Phone Home!



Me and Hermana Starke on our little Adventure



"Bubba Gump Shrimp Co." 



Elder Yeck got a fortune cookie without a fortune




Very hot hot hot knock out in the middle of nowhere. 
110 Degress and 75% Humidity




Our 1 Year Pizza Party!!!



Mom Note: Both Hermanas and Hermana Vasquez (Branch President's Wife) agreed that this was the cutest Pizza Delivery Man they had seen. I thought it was going to be some creepy man at their apartment and would scare the girls so I arranged to have it deliveried to the Vasquez Family.  Thank you for helping with our surprise Pres. and Sister Vasquez!



A Fun Fact: McKay purposely chose the outfit she wore on August 2, 2016 to the airport 
to wear again on August 2, 2017 :) She is so cute!




Facebook post:
One year ago today we left for the airport at 3:00 am to put Hermana McKay Hadley on a plane to Mexico City to begin her journey. She is loving every second of her mission in San Fernando and this is a quote from her letter this week.

"Being a missionary is the best! Seriously, I feel so lucky that everyday I get to wake up and realize that I get to spend the whole day serving my Heavenly Father!"

We are so blessed by her service and sure do love our cute missionary!!! <3






No comments:

Post a Comment