Monday, October 9, 2017

"Baptize 'em ALL"

Hello everyone, so this was a very baptism focused week! It was crazy, crazy, crazy! The happiest thing that happened this week was that RAUL GOT BAPTIZED!!! I am so lucky that I could help out with the baptism! It has been fun to still be in the same District with the Elders that are in YSA, they give me updates all the time on everything! It was awesome to go and see Raul and his Family with all the YSA!

Hermana Starke and I reunited and did a beautiful musical number of “How Great Thou Art” that I had arranged. It was so beautiful and it was wonderful to have Hermana Starke sing and I played the piano. I have missed her a lot this last week or so!

After the baptism, President Henrie went up and congratulated Raul and I was standing next to him. Raul said, "Well it was all thanks to her and the Spirit," and then he pointed at me! I have been so blessed to teach so many amazing people in the course of my mission!!! 

Saturday, Sister Aleman had a baptism in the morning for one of her past investigators, then we ran over to Raul’s baptism, and THEN we went to another baptism that one of our investigators was attending! It was crazy, crazy, crazy! Three Baptisms in one day!

Also, this week we have set 7 people on date for baptism! We came into this area with no investigators, absolutely nothing going on. Sister missionaries have not been in this area before, so we hit the ground running! Our mission has been very surprised because this area was so empty, but we are not letting that happen at all! We have found a lot of investigators that are both English and Spanish! Sister Aleman said that she has never been in an area in her mission with that many people on date, at the same time, and that it is not normal in English work. I told her that we are going to treat this area like a Spanish area haha:).

We also had Zone Conference this last week and exchanges so we have been running around! I got my flu shot, so that was a party.... I think they thought I was going to pass out or something because they had this lady come hold my hand.... I took it like a champ though ;).

English work has been very, very different. I have had to try to adjust and keep pushing forward! The ward is very different from Spanish YSA.... there are a lot of seasoned people in this ward haha. I am excited to keep lighting this area on fire and learning how to be an English missionary! They take a little bit more to warm up.

In Spanish wards, you get fed almost every day. At church this week we passed around our monthly dinner calendar and one person signed up.... and then we went around and asked members if they wouldn’t mind signing up and they said…no. I am going to have to start making a lot of cookies and taking them to the ward members to soften them up ;). I am ready for the challenge ;) !!!

I hope you guys all have an awesome week and enjoy Columbus Day!!!! Love you bunches!

-Hermana Hadley



Raul's Baptism!



Raul and his Family :) <3



Awesome packages I received from my family and ward members 
that the Spanish YSA brought back for me from Conference Weekend in Utah! 



Elder Zazueta the pizza man! 
My District Leaders now want to take up Pizza Delivery via Bike



These pictures are from the CASF Mission Facebook Page


Zone Conference!



Role playing, a big part of Zone Conference



Hermana McDonald from the Puerto Rico Mission, Sister Aleman and Hermana Hadley



Hermanas getting Flu Shots at Zone Conference



The mission titled this picture "Hold my hand....please!"







No comments:

Post a Comment